Remote Journey - Encounter with Solitude!

(Was supposed to be published on 3rd January 2015)


(About the picture - Taken en route to Nathu-la pass, Sikkim. Traveled alone, kind of soul searching trip! Made quite a few friends there, lovely weather :)



Happy new year fellas!!! It's the year of 'The Sheep' (Chinese Astrology) & number 8 (Numerology). Hopefully this year brings happiness, contentment & good health for all of us! 


It's been more than 6 months since my last serious post. Lazy ass that I am, I deserve a nice 'Danda' on my bum ( for those who don't know or haven't had the taste of it, it's nice beating  with a wooden stick, typically old-school types ;)

But yeah, things have been really something lately. Okay lets begin with a quick recap, after the institutional education got over and I finally joined the 'Job-I-used-to-thing-I-was-made-for'. It came with reputable brand name, a fat pay cheque, and basically working for a social cause.
So, in all, it was the ideal job that I thought I would be dedicating my life to. But, all this thought processes were a resultant of my life up till medical school, before I moved to Bombay. And as the wise men say, 'bade Shaher main aakar par lag jaate hai":p So something on similar lines happened to me as well. My thinking, choices, priorities had changed covertly and the realization for it came kind of late!

Last winters, I flew down to Delhi to give the interview & was told that I got through next month. I knew that I wouldn't get some fancy location like Bangalore/Mumbai/Pune etc because social work is to be done at a place where it is needed the most and it was mainly UP, Bihar, Orissa, Chattisgarh that I was looking forward as my next destination. I was hoping to get a medium sized city like Agra, Bareilly, Varanasi and I think I would have been kind of okay with that, but when the time for joining came, I was in for a rude shock! I was placed in one of the remote places in one corner of  UP near Nepal border. Included in the list of backward districts of the country, I packed my bags and set my foot for my place of posting.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closure Report

Saax!!!