Roommate woes :/


With the dreams of having a high-paying job as soon as I landed gone kaput, I am forced to live with roommates. 

The first was a straight & handsome pathaan guy from Peshawar. Beautiful condo, occasional conversations & no major trouble. But he & his friends were homophobic AF. After a peaceful few months, moved to a condo closer to city center with a Delhi girl who was friend-of-a-friend types. It was a homely feel with her though she had a domineering aura. Disappointingly, she abandoned me while I was back home in India & brought this Mexican girl as replacement. 

In the beginning this Mexican girl seemed okay. She has just separated from her husband & his kids and I am nothing but empathetic towards her. Her English is not that fluent (& my Spanish is abysmal) so we are restricted to polite hellos & small talk once in a while. 

Yesterday she dropped a bomb saying that she is leaving by end of this month. Off to 'find herself' in Europe for month. Though I had known earlier she'd be leaving for vacation for a month but now she is vacating the house itself after barely staying here for 2 months. The lease is my name & it gets over by end of summers and now another headache of finding a new roommate to cover for that duration :/

To be honest, I am not much bothered about that. The fact that she has a list of complaints against me has been annoying me since yesterday. According to her, no lights should be on in living room after 10 pm as Her Highness has trouble sleeping if even an iota of light enters her room through the gap between her closed door & floor. (I am a night owl and have a table lamp switched on at night in the living room). Another thing that bothers Her Highness is that my presence in the kitchen after 12ish midnight wakes her up and it takes 'hours for her to go back to sleep and her job as school teacher requires being 100% present in the moment' (her words 😒). Now admittingly, I go to gym at 11 pm and after returning back I make a protein shake and just warm the food in the microwave. Those 5 minutes give her enormous trouble and because of all this she has decided to move out. 

Usually, I am patient, quiet & respectful as a roomie (having lived in hostels for a long period). Never play loud music or sing or whistle. Thanks to Her Highness, the deadly silence in the home can be touched with fingers. 

I am soo over it. Can't wait to get a decent job & live on my own now. But before all that happens, another new roommate awaits. God knows how she/he is going to be :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Liberated :)

A tale of the new year & my coming out (Part I)

Fears of 4 am.