Voodoos of ambition are sleeping..


 ( A statue of Buddha in the backyard of a friend-of-a-friend's home I stayed in @Brooklyn, NY)


It is just one of those days today. Unproductive, uninspired & depressing.
How do I deal with it? Not go to the gym, eat a bunch of high-calorie crap, jerk off & smoke. 

These lines by Mary Oliver provide some solace. 

Today I’m flying low and I’m
not saying a word
I’m letting all the voodoos of ambition sleep.

The world goes on as it must,
the bees in the garden rumbling a little,
the fish leaping, the gnats getting eaten.
And so forth.

But I’m taking the day off.
Quiet as a feather.
I hardly move though really I’m traveling
a terrific distance.

Stillness. One of the doors
into the temple.


Things will be better tomorrow. Hope is all we have :)

Love!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Liberated :)

A tale of the new year & my coming out (Part I)