The teacher in me!


(What wouldn't I give to chill here right now after a day-long bike ride - View from my container @ Zostel, Panchgani)


A prospective applicant for a course I did a few years ago in Canada called me today. She is a friend-of-friend kinds. As her interview is scheduled tomorrow, I can understand how anxious & overwhelmed she is feeling right now. I was in the same boat 3 years ago. I had pinned all of my hopes on this credible course and dreamt about how it'll catapult my career to a respectable position in this new country. To be fair, most of my batchmates did great and all are gainfully employed in fields of their choice. All, except me. I fucked up. BIG TIME. Maybe it's the Uranus transit in Taurus for last few years that brings all sorts of unpredictable & disruptive outcomes. Or may be I am due for some harsh lessons of life. Whatever it is, it would be supremely helpful if someone could hand me a manual on how to navigate life. It's too exhausting to navigate on my own. अब ना हो पाएगा हमसे. मैं तो थक गया भाईसाब :D

Anyway, I think handled the call from her very well. I patiently took her through different questions the interviewers might ask, bolstered her prep by giving her themes to work on and the questions she can ask them towards the end. At the end of the call, strangely I felt more confident of myself. Come to think of it, this is what I have always liked. Teaching/coaching students. I should seriously think about transitioning my career to this field. Give me a pulpit & a position of slight authority, I'll teach even science to scientists. Drawing from my variegated experiences, I'll connect anything to anything in a way that it sounds profound (doesn't necessarily have to be though 😁). Public speaking is something I was very confident in back home but after coming here, I have lost that sheen a bit. Gotta polish that & have to develop the accent. 
After all, I was not known in my college & previous work places as a 'confident bullshitter' for nothing 😂


If everything goes according to the plan, I'll run for office in a few years :D

Love!

P.S. While scrolling through my photos, came across this picture. Took many trips to Panchgani from Mumbai on my Royal Enfield and every time stayed at this beautiful hostel. The independent rooms are carved inside ship containers overlooking a beautiful valley. Bike trip + peaceful solitude + monsoon weather *chumma* 💗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Liberated :)

A tale of the new year & my coming out (Part I)